MapInfo is a geographic information system (GIS) that is very popular among entry-level users due to its low cost and ease of use. GIS is software that is designed to store, query, analyse, process, and visualise spatial data. MapInfo can be used, for example, to plot distributions onto base maps; to create colour coded or other 'thematic' maps; to extract data from printed maps or aerial imagery; to model, analyse, and visualise elevation data; or to calculate correlation statistics between spatial datasets.
- Import/create databases in MapInfo
- Updating and querying databases using expressions
- Projecting coordinate data and creating map objects
- Associating database records with existing map objects
- Thematising objects using colour-coding and symbology